American Red Cross Safety Classes
Lifeguard Instructor training is offered at the Cherokee County Aquatic Center. Please see Course Description, Eligibility, and Prerequisites before registering.
NOTICE: This class is a Blended Learning Class. You will be sent a link one week before the start of the class via the email entered at the time of registration to access the Online Learning Portal. Online work must be completed before the first day of class.
- The American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor course trains instructor candidates to teach American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, First Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- This course prepares instructor candidates to use course and presentation materials, conduct training sessions and evaluate the progress of candidates in a professional-level course.
- Be at least 17 years old
- Possess a current Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- Complete the online portion of the Lifeguarding Instructor course thru the Red Cross learning center (before the first day of class)
- Pass two rescue skill scenarios that test lifeguard and CPR skills (on the first day of class)
Click Here to register for an upcoming class.